Thursday, April 14, 2005

Solace

It's amazing how much solace I get from my knitting. After a long time out of the workforce. I started looking for a job this week. Not an easy thing to do even though I have experience. I have a gap of over a year and people have moved on from places where I've been before so it may not be so easy to get references. I am hopeful that I will have something soon. (I work in retail these days part-time although my degree is in accounting.) Knitting really helps me on days when I am tense and unsure of myself. The repetition is like meditating and sets my mind at ease when it is tense. I don't know what I would do at a time like this without it!

Last night I measured Aibhlinn and found I was a drop more than halfway done. I was a little surprised as I have been working almost exclusively on Children in Common socks lately. But this pattern works up so fast it's easy to put a lot on without realizing it. I've had to tink a couple of times but even with that I've made good progress. Today I'm going to wind up the last skein of the yarn I bought for it so I'll be ready to use it. Pray for me would you? This stuff tangles if you sneeze on it.

2 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm so happy that you have found solace in your knitting. It is like an unexpected gift. :)

Isn't it great when a project is farther along then you thought? :0

Ruinwen
:)

me myself and i said...

Great meeting you last night! I am going to take the plunge and make Aibhlinn!!! Dont be surprised if I am stuck to your side at SnB from now on!!!

Rebecca