I've been working on DH's sweater, or more accurately trying to work on it. It's an Aran and the directions aren't charted so it's a little confusing. The first attempt to start the pattern resulted in not enough stitches being left to finish the row. In an effort to figure it out I actually went through the pattern and counted how many stitches it would take to get through the pattern repeats and it came out OK, so I know that there's no problem in the pattern itself. So I bravely started working again, hoping it would come out OK this time and in the middle of the row my son called and I lost my place. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out where I am but it's frustrating. I will never again buy an Aran pattern that isn't charted. I never appreciated how important charts are until now. Being able to see visually what's going on would be helpful right now. I don't have the patience to go through the pattern and chart it myself and besides I'm afraid that I will make a mistake and screw it up.
I finished a premie hat from some left over Magic Stripes sock yarn and it's just darling. I will post a picture very soon I promise. Not as fast as a premie hat from regular yarn but almost an instant gratification project, with the bonus that it helps someone. I plan to make a few more of the hats from this yarn as well as the yarn I mentioned in my last entry. Not sure where I will send them to quite yet but there's time for that. I'm also going to try and do some stuff for Children in Common. Most likely some mittens as it's been a long time since I've made any.
I've rethought my position of finishing the red sweater at all costs. I am not sure if I'd have enough yarn to finish it if I go to another pattern. DH keeps saying to me that I shouldn't finish it if I am not enjoying working on it and he is right. I will make it into smaller projects instead. The yarn is lovely and one of these days I will make a sweater out of some Knit Picks yarn.