Saturday, April 15, 2006

Going Riding In A Car

I did something today I've never done before, I knitted in the car while DH drove. I'd always thought that it would make me nauseous but it didn't and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I have something to do on those long car rides to visit DS at school (DS has special needs and attends a boarding school for kids with developmental disabilities about 3 hours away from us) I worked on my socks and got a lot done.

People have been noticing that I have trouble with my right shoulder. Two people today asked me if there was something wrong with my arm due to the way I've been holding it. I didn't realize I'd compensated to that extent. My shoulder is painful when moved and sometimes just at rest due to the fact that I have a form of arthritis. I guess it's time to have it looked at by a doctor if people are seeing a difference in how I carry myself.

DS has been in for a visit the last few days and it is a joy to have him at home. I know that they are helping him at school and that he is happy there but I do miss him. He's nearly 16 but he's still my baby and I can't help it. I wish there was a school that would help him here at home but there just isn't one. Sad, but disabled kids just don't get what they need from the schools in this area.

I have not re-started the red sweater yet as I worked on the socks today. OK, didn't work on it because I was too disgusted. I admit it. I am determined to get this sweater done. No matter how long it takes.

I will post a picture of the socks when they are a little further along. I just love the way the colors are working out, striping along in a spiral pattern as I go. I am excited by this yarn, it's so soft and a pleasure to work with. I am going to have to get some more Lorna's Laces. I've also decided what to do with the yarn that kept having breaks in it. I am going to use it to make premie hats. I've done premie hats in the past but haven't done any in a while. I think it would look lovely to have some of those tiny hats in a patterned yarn, rather than the usual baby colors I've used. I encourage you all to try making premie things, it's a wonderful way to give back by using your knitting. Try clicking on Carewear on the sidebar for more information.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Knitting in the car is a great way to pass the time.

The preemie hat project sounds like such a cool way to help someone else out. I'm sure all the help is appreciated.