Sunday, April 23, 2006

Productive Day

I got a lot done today knitting wise. I finished a vest for Children in Common, But I'm not sure about how the shoulders look so I may have to play with it a bit. I also got to the heel turn on the Lorna's Laces socks. I really enjoyed the vest and learned a new technique while doing it, the Thee Needle Bind Off. Now I know another way to join shoulders in sweaters and vests.

Went to the LYS yesterday and scored two new balls of sock yarn, Lana Grossa Cotton Fantasy. I've been wanting to try this yarn and the samples in the shop looked so yummy I couldn't resist. (yes I know I should have pictures with this and I will as soon as DH digs out the camera for me) I also got some needles, a couple of sets in bamboo in size 1 for socks and an Addi Turbo in 10 1/2 for mostly charity knitting. Last but not least is the book, Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. I'd seen it mentioned on the Socknitter's list and it looks as good as everyone said it did. Lots of socks in some basic patterns so you gain confidence. Directions for 4, or 5 DP needles and also for 2 Circs. I recommend this book, my next pair of socks is coming from it.

The Lorna's Laces sock would be much further along if I hadn't had to frog the gusset. I am very picky about my socks and just didn't like the way it looked. So I pulled it back to before the heel turn ( the only way I know I'd get to the right place in the pattern.) It was frustrating but I'd rather frog than have lousy socks.

Waiting excitedly for the start of Secrect Pal 8. I sat out round seven as I was changing jobs and didn't know what my situation was going to be moneywise. Round 8's rules are a little different, you have to contact your pal 3 times each month by email, package or snail mail. It used to be only one package a month and that's it. I like this way better and it's one of the reasons I joined. If you've never done secret pal, give it a try you won't be sorry. I am also considering doing a knitting and tea swap that's being offered in the RAOK web ring. I've not made my mind up about that one though.

I'm still listening to podcasts. Mostly while I knit. Have you tried any from my list? I'll be adding more this week sometime. I highly recommend Cast-On, KnitCast, and Knit Tunes (no knitting content just wonderful music to knit by). The others are great but these are my particular favorites. If you find a podcast you like please let me know. It doesn't have to be knitting related either. I'd also ask you to tell me about blogs you particularly like so I can add them to my Bloglines list.

No comments: