Thursday, April 27, 2006

Frustration

Well I shouldn't have talked so big about making progress. Soon as I did I started to have trouble with the socks. No matter what I did I kept messing up the gusset. Don't know why, it's hardly my first sock. Finally in frustration I frogged the damned thing to the start. I decided that it was just cursed and took it as a hint that it might be time to try something different than plain vanilla socks. So I am breaking out that copy of Sensational Knitted Socks I bought the other day and will try something from it for a change. Wish me luck.

The observant among you will see a new button on my blog for the Knitter's Tea Swap. I just joined and look forward to what I'll be getting. You are supposed to send a box of your favorite tea, something to eat with it and two skeins from your stash. Sounds easy and fun. Give it a go yourself.

My two newest purchases are some Lorna's Laces sock yarn off of Ebay in green, and a toddler vest pattern that I intend to use for Children in Common. I saw it mentioned on the CIC list and could not resist. Please consider lending your talents to this wonderful organization. More information can be found by clicking the Children in Common link on my sidebar.

2 comments:

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

I also joined the Tea Swap, it looked like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen! This is your secret tea pal just letting you know that I haven't forgotten about you. Sick kids and hubby this past week. But I am putting together a great little package for you and hope to get it in the mail VERY soon.