Friday, April 14, 2006

Help! My Sweater Is Driving Me Crazy.

I took out the red sweater today to work on and damned if I didn't find a reason to frog the stupid thing yet again. Loose stitches, and a mistake that I found. Honestly I don't know why I don't just chuck the thing for good. No matter what I do I seem to come up with a problem. *sigh* In the morning I'll try again. Or maybe finally start DH's sweater.

Listened to a new podcast today that I just loved. I've had it listed on the sidebar but not heard it until this evening. (I'm trying to keep a comprehensive list of fiber podcasts on the sidebar so if you know of one I don't list PLEASE tell me) It's called Knit Tunes and it consists of music to knit by rather than knitting content per se. But the music was wonderful and very nice to knit to so I recommend it to you all. I also rather liked At The Yarn Shop. She talks about what it's like to own a shop, which I found interesting, as well as product reviews. Check this one out too, I think you'll be pleased.

The socks have had to go by the wayside. The yarn I complained about proved to be even more annoying than I had anticipated. It kept having breaks in the yarn and if I'd kept using it I'd have had a thousand knots which I didn't want to have in a pair of socks. So I put the yarn away for a possible future use as an accent and took out some Lorna's Laces that I had in the stash. Wonderful color, the Amish colorway for those of you who know this line. Purples, blues, black, and a flash of red from time to time. Just gorgeous. I've not knitted Lorna's Laces before so I am really looking forward to working with it. I've heard so much about it. I'll of course keep you posted on how this goes.

No comments: