So I thought that DD's socks were coming along well until I realized that there was something not right about the gusset on one side. I am not sure where I went wrong as I followed the book's instructions. I think I go over to Knitting on the Lamb where I bought the yarn and needles and ask for help fixing it. But in any case I have to say I prefer the two needle method to the 4 needle one I'd been using. But I'd like to see how it works with some bamboo or other wood needles. I love my Addis but I think they may be too slippery to make socks comfortably.
Major disaster was averted this morning. DD is wearing her costume to school today but when she put it on the zipper broke and the only thing we could do was to take out a bunch of safety pins and pin the thing together. So DD has a line of safety pins runnign up her back. She declared the repair a success professing to like the look. That's my girl she rolls with the punches.