Friday, May 05, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire.

Here's my questionnaire for Secret Pal 8. Hopefully my pal will find it useful!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

My favorite is wool or blends with mostly wool in them. I don't really mind acrylic but hate the plastic kind

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a needle case for the straights and no real storage for the circs I'm ashamed to say

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for about 40 years learned when I was in elementary school. I'd say I'm intermediate to advanced

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I have an Amazon wish list

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like spicy woody type scents best but also like light florals

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes I have a sweet tooth I love sour candies

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I don't spin but have always wanted to learn, I also work with beads

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like classic rock, folk, jazz and some indy stuff. I can play mp3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite color is green, but I like all earth tones. I don't like pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married with two kids a 15 year old boy, and a 12 year old girl. We have a guinea pig

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I love scarves, always wear hats and mittens in cold weather but no ponchos please

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks

13. What are you knitting right now?

a pair of Lorna's Laces socks, a multi directional scarf, and a baby blanket that never seems to end

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes I do.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

No real preference between straight and circular, I prefer bamboo or wood unless it's Addi's

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I own a yarn winder but no swift

17. How did you learn to knit?

Combo of my mother and my brother's girlfriend showing me the stitches

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

8 months

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Penguins

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I don't subscribe to any magazines right now, nothing I'm all that desperate to get my hands on right now

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

knitting socks on two circular needles

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes I'm a socknitter! I'm 8 1/2 around the ball of the foot and 9 inches in length, I wear a 6 1/2 shoe

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

8/20

Well that's all about me, can't wait to find out who I'm spoiling this time!

No comments: