Sunday, March 22, 2009

Went to see DS yesterday. We had a great time, except for the dinner. One mistake after another and we had to wait for a real long time for a table. We're not going back there any time soon which is a shame because the food was plentiful and good.

We spent most of the day shopping. DS and DD needed clothes and there is no tax on clothing in Pennsylvania making visits to DS an ideal time to buy. I need some stuff too but didn't get anything. We were in Kohl's at one point and I suppose I could have found something there to fit, but I just wasn't in the mood. Now if there had been a Coldwater Creek store then I'd have made the effort to look. I love Coldwater Creek.

Making steady progress on the shawl. I found that I had to put in lots of stitch markers, one for each repeat to keep track of the pattern. I reccomend that technique to anyone trying to do lace. It makes it easier to follow the pattern and also makes it easier to find mistakes when and if they occur. I've not done much work on anything else since I started the shawl, it's a very absorbing project.

1 comment:

Lupie said...

I have done the stitch marker thing, the life line thing and still can't do it. I just think lace is not for me.