Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hello Again

I've not been around here much lately because lucky for me my little business has been busy the last week or so. I've been working so much there hasn't been much time for knitting. That's good and bad. Good for the pocket, bad for the soul. But I've managed to sneak in some time on the baby blanket I need to finish by June 5. I only hope I can get it done, because I keep making mistakes on it, and stupid ones too. *Sigh* Well today and tomorrow will be downtime so I'll put in some time and make a real push on it.

Heard from my Secret Pal today. Reminding me I'd never put up my questionnaire. So here it is sorry I've not done it before. Can't wait to hear who I'll be sending to!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I'm not a fiber snob, but don't like plastic feeling stuff.


2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I know how to crochet but don't really do it, I don't like the look of it much. I've always wanted to spin but can't seem to get the hang of it.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I have problems with smoke.

4. How long have you been knitting?

I've knitted for nearly 40 years since I was 6 or so I'll be 45 this summer (I'm not shy about my age I think that being shy about your age is silly)

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I have an Amazon wishlist I plan to create a knitpicks one too so check that one also

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

spicy and woody things

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Unfortunately for my hips, yes I do. I love sour candy and chocolate

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I like to bead

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like classic rock, jazz, classical, folk and world music. I can play mp3 and am about to buy an Ipod

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like green especially darker shades and love all earth tones. Autumn shades are faves in general. I don't really like pastels

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married two kids a boy 14 a girl 11 I have a guinea pig

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

I'd love to be able to go back to school and study fiber and design though I don't know if I have any talent, I would also love to learn to weave and spin and dye my own fibers. I've like to be an artist dealing with fiber all the time and teach people how to work with them as well. I imagine having a studio out back and a shop out front in some small New England town.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I don't have a favorite brand but 100% wool yarns hand painted, space dyed, variegated or self patterned. I love to see the patterns come out.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Mohair

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

socks and baby stuff

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks

17. What are you knitting right now?

a baby blanket, a sweater for myself, a pair of socks also for myself, and a bunny for my nephew

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Not much

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

depends on what I'm making and how many stitches I have. I use both

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo

21. Are you a sock knitter?

YES!

22. How did you learn to knit?

My mother taught me and some others refined the technique

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

6 years

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Penguins

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Fourth of July or Passover

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Penguins

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Cool Socks, Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby

That's about it. More knitting content to come!

No comments: