Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Beat Goes On

I think I got everyone who told me I missed them in my blogroll, please if you stop by and I don't have you in my blogroll leave me a comment I don't want to miss you! Wow kmckiernan I thought my blogroll was long till I saw yours! Nice blog BTW! I'm horrible about leaving comments so if I didn't please forgive me. Kitt you are so right I am very lucky with DD, she has a good sense about things and is only 11. I call her my fashion consultant and often take her with me when I buy clothes.

Well looks like the job is going to go by the wayside. Seems like I was judged by my performance on the first day. Because I wasn't totally on spot right out of the gate I wasn't given a chance. I'm not that upset. Why would I want to work for someone who would be like that? What I am doing is trying to reactivate a freelance business I had a few years ago and see have that works out. I only need part time income so it's not really that bad. But it does piss me off that I didn't get a fair chance to show my stuff.

Mothers Day was pretty good despite having to work the stupid job for a few hours. I got a gift card to AC Moore from DH, and DD gave me a candle and candle holder. DS gave me my gift this past weekend when we saw him at school, a necklace that he earned by turning in good behavior points (I was very proud). We went out to dinner at a Japanese restaurant where I ate entirely too much Sushi. I had a great time.

Knitting wise I finally got back to the sock. Unfortunately frogging it back and reknitting stretched out some of the work and I have gusset holes now. Not too large so I can stitch them up real easy when the sock is done. I will post a photo as soon as I get new batteries in the camera. I have also made some progress on the sweater. Finally settling on a garter stitch border for the bottom. The work seems to be coming out nice and even so there should be little frogging in my future (she said hopefully). I am also 3/4 with the baby blanket I am making for my niece. This is in addition to the one already posted to the blog. Same pattern different color. I want to finish it by June 5th when I have a Baby Shower to go to that the recipient of the blanket will be attending (it's not her shower). I am also making a small stuffed bunny with a sweater for my little grand nephew. I wasn't able to make him a blanket as I had tendonitis at the time so I want to make him a little something to make up for it.

Tonight I met some friends from my Stitch n Bitch at AC Moore to take advantage of their 25% off sale. We had lots of fun fondling yarn. I blew the entire gift card on the following a needle roll (desperately needed), The book Knit One Felt Two, yarn and needles for the bunny for my nephew, and some supplies for stitch markers that my friend Dani inspired (or enabled take your pick) me to get. I am really looking forward to playing with the beads. I've done a little work with them in the past but just with safety pin bead pins so this is kind of new to me. Just what I need another hobby to obsess over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm warning you now that beading is very addictive. I'm so hooked and lovin' it!