Thursday, September 25, 2008

Knitting in Public

After being in pain for a few weeks I finally went to the podiatrist this morining to have my right foot looked at. After some examining and a few x-rays he told me that I needed a soft cast on it for two weeks and mucho ibuprophen to clear up the inflamation. I'll have to go out and get a pair of black sneakers to wear to work in the meantime because regular shoes will not fit over the cast. (We have to dress in black at work and my sneakers are not only tan but so beat up I will not wear them to work. I need new ones anyway) I'm also going to have to wrap it up in plastic to take showers always a joy to do.

I got some knitting done in the waiting room and even got a compliment from another patient who was waiting for x-rays. She commented that she tries to knit every few years and never manages to get the hang of it. We chatted for a bit and I suggested that she try continental style which I think is easier.

The candle flame shawl is coming along nicely after a few too many false starts while I learned the pattern. At first I had to keep one eye on the instructions and one on my knitting then I got the hang of it and don't need the instructions anymore.

Open house at the high school tonight. I get to walk around the school and meet DD's teachers, she can't come along as she did last year because she has marching band rehersal at the same time. She's giving me a map, which I am not optomistic about being able to follow. I am severely directionally challenged and don't do well with maps. So if I don't show up here in a few days send out a search party I may still be wandering the halls of the high school looking for where to go.

3 comments:

Lupie said...

Hope you feel better.
The shawl is beautiful is it hard to do? I'm not good with lace.
I am glad I'm done with those open house things. I hated them. Now I just have to deal with the open houses at work.

Eileen said...

The cast is annoying but it has also gotten rid of the pain so I can't complain too much. The pattern isn't too hard to do but it took a decent amount of frogging and doing it over to learn the pattern and be able to do it correctly. I was afraid to try it too and it sat in this binder I have for years until I decided to pick it up now I'm glad I did.

Nana Sadie said...

ACK! Foot problems are the PITS! I hope the cast helps...
((((Hugs))))