Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thought You Got Rid of Me Didn't You?

Well after entirely too long a lay off I am back in the saddle again with this blog. The cursed socks stayed cursed and were relegated to UFO status until I picked them up again this past week and have been working on them steadily. The sweater for DH got relegated to UFO status as well but I plan to do something with it this coming week. The sweater was/is an aran knit that did not come with a chart so it's a little hard to figure out how it's supposed to look. Row two of the instructions made no sense but I think I can figure it out. My LYS closed but the owner still sells from her house so I think I may contact her via email and ask if she'd be willing to go over the pattern with me and I'd pay her for her time. What do you all think of that?

In new projects I am going to try to teach myself how to do socks on two circular needles, Sensational Knitted Socks, which I have a copy of, has directions and I am going to try it with a pair of socks that I plan to make for DD.

To update you on the family and myself, I've changed jobs since last I was here. I work now at a local department store a few nights a week and then some weekend time. DD is in High School now and DS continues to do well at his boarding school. (you may remember that DS has autism and goes to a school for kids with special needs) DH is doing well at his job and keeps wondering about his sweater :) The kitchen project I mentioned in the blog is long done and came out great!

I've made some changes to the sidebar, eliminated the podcast list as many of them had given up the ghost I will produce a new list soon. If anyone knows of a good blog that I don't list let me know about it. I'm always on the lookout for a new blog. It can be knitting related or not.

2 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

Good to hear from you!
(((hugs)))

Eileen said...

Thanks knitnana. It's good to be back now all I have to do is find my camera so I can post pictures to the blog again.