Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Sweater Revisited

Well after thinking about it quite a bit I decided to totally bag DH's sweater and use the yarn to make him a simple pullover. Boring I know but the yarn is sort of marbled and the simplicity of stockinette stitch will show it off to good advantage. I'm doing a drop shoulder, with the possibility of a rolled collar, DH hasn't decided if that's what he wants yet. The gauge swatch is in process and I will use the pattern in The Knitters Handy Guide to Sweater Patterns.

The now formally cursed socks are coming along very nicely. I have one done down to the heel flap and the other almost to the heel flap. (I always work the two at the same time so I don't get second sock syndrome) I have Cat Bordhi's book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles on order from the library and plan to make the next pair using that method, perhaps doing two socks on the two circulars. I don't mind using double points, I rather like them in fact, but I want to add the other technique to my skills.

I promise pictures as soon as I find the blasted camera. :)

No comments: