Went to see DS today. He had a rough week so we thought it a good idea to spend some time with him. He seems to be fine now which is a relief. (DS has Autism and goes to a special needs boarding school because they couldn't find a school near us that met his needs) I did not bring any knitting with me and regretted that I could have gotten a lot done in the car while DH was driving and while he and DS went bowling. From now on I won't make that mistake. Better to bring it and not use it than not to have it along at all.
The Candleflame shawl is done. I am pleased with how it turned out. I elected not to block it as I thought it looked fine just as it was. DD and I spent a long time trying to get a decent picture of it and concluded it would have to wait till morning so that we could use natural light. So you will all have to wait till tomorrow to see it, sorry. I have also been working on the Aran Sweater and will be done with the front sometime this week if all goes well. My latest project is a sweater for Guideposts' Knit for Kids Project. I chose this project for charity knitting as they don't require wool yarn to be used and I have a ton of acrylic laying around. This week I hope to get to the LYS and pick up yarn for the Berry Bobble Hat from the Interweave Knits Holiday issue. I am not going to use the suggested yarn, but don't have anything in the stash that looks like it wants to be the hat. So off to the yarn store with me minus my credit card so I am not temped to get the cashmere yarn called for in the pattern.