Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I've been VERY busy with work, which is a good thing for the pocketbook but not such a good thing for blogging and knitting. I've been working on the infamous red sweater and plan to start on a fisherman sweater for DH, purchased on vacation, this week. It's in a denim colored yarn and should look just yummy made up. He was very difficult about picking it out, don't know why but he can get like that at times. No socks in the works right now, but that's about to get started this week as well. Here's the questions for secret Pal 6
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I prefer natural fibers but will go with blends. I don't like Red Heart at all but will use Lion Brand. Especially Wool Ease.
2. Do you spin? No, but I'd love to.
Crochet? Just a bit.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Cigs are a major no no
4. How long have you been knitting? Since I was 6 years old. Too long to say :)
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? An Amazon and a Knit picks
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Clean woody scents
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? You better believe it!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I dabble in paper crafts but it's really knitting that I love.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Jazz, Classic Rock, Folk, World Music. Yes I can play MP3's. I'd love them as I've an Ipod
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love earth tones and dark green is my favorite color
11. What is your family situation? I live with my DH and my daughter, my DS goes to boarding school, I have a sweet little guinea pig named Midnight
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I'd like the time to be creative and to learn to design. Maybe go back to school
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love knitpicks Wool of the Andes.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Plasticy acrylics
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? sweaters and socks
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks, socks, and socks
17. What are you knitting right now? a red drop shoulder sweater of my own design
18. What do you think about ponchos? Not much
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? both depends on project
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo
21. Are you a sock knitter? YES!!
22. How did you learn to knit? My mother taught me with help from family friends
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Not sure, years at least
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Penguins
25. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
26. Is there anything that you collect? Penguins
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? See my wish lists
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Not really
That's about it. Hope my secret pal hasn't been kept waiting too long! See ya all soon